This is a great one dish meal that the entire family will love. You can add any of your favorite root vegetables and herbs with this dish. Once it is baked, the onions caramelize with the olive oil and the garlic is perfectly roasted. Serve this dish warm straight from the oven.
- 1 whole chicken with skin on, cut up into quarters
- 1 medium to large onion, quartered
- 1 galric bulb
- 4 carrots, cut into chuncks
- 4-5 meduim potatoes, quartered
- 4-5 cabbage wedges, (optional)
- Sutter Buttes Roasting and BBQ Rub
- Sutter Buttes Garlic Olive Oil
- A variety of fresh chopped herbs
Preheat oven to 375. Wash chicken and pat dry. Wash, peel and cut vegetables. Peel the loose skin from the garlic bulk and cut off the top to expose the cloves. Sprinkle Roasting and BBQ rub on both sides of the chicken and place in a baking dish or skillet.
In a bowl, toss vegetables, onions and garlic together with a healthy drizzle of Garlic Infused Olive Oil and sprinkle with BBQ Roasting Rub. Toss to coat. Place vegetables in the baking dish, scattered around the chicken. Top with a handful of your favorite chopped fresh herbs. Marjoram and Rosemary work well, add a squeeze of lemon juice if you like a citrus flavor. Or roast lemon halves alongside the vegetables and squeeze over the finished dish. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve with warm bread for soaking up juices.