For the Vinaigrette:
- 4 Tbsp Sutter Buttes Cranberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 Tbsp or more Sutter Buttes Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sutter Buttes Chardonnay Mustard (or any whole seed mustard)
- 1 small minced shallot
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk oil, vinegar, mustard and shallots together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
To Poach Pears in Fruit Syrup:
- 1 cup each Strawberries and Raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2-3 pears, firm such as Bartlett, peeled, cored and halved.
Toss greens with the 2-3 Tbsp of cranberry balsamic vinaigrette. Top with toasted walnuts and dried cranberries. Slice poached pears and add to the side of the salad in a fan along with goat cheese on crostini.