Not your average custard. This version is lighter, creamy in flavor and smoother than a curd. Spoon into fancy dessert cups for a deliciously light sweet treat.Ingredients:
- 3 whole eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed Meyer Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Meyer Lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Sutter Buttes Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Blend together all ingredients, except the olive oil, until smooth and frothy (about 4 minutes on high speed). Stream in the olive oil with the motor running, then pour into a double boiler and whisk until it thickens up.
Top with extra zest, crushed graham crackers or a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
*The custard can be refrigerated for up to three days or frozen for longer storage.