Fresh Basil Pesto
• 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts
• 2/3 cup Sutter Buttes Arbequina EVOO, for extra basil flavor try it with Sutter Buttes Basil Olive Oil
• Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1/4 cup each of freshly grated Pecorino and Parmesan cheese
Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add Pecorino and Parmesan cheeses. Add 1/2 cup of olive oil in a stream and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
If using immediately, add all the remaining oil and pulse until smooth.
If freezing, transfer to an air-tight container and drizzle the
remaining oil over the top. Freeze for up to 3 months.