Zucchini & Shrimp Pasta
I love this recipes because it reminds me of my family's seaside summer holidays. A dear friend would make this for us each summer. A quick, easy recipe, that uses fragrant basil and fresh zucchini.
• 8 oz peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if frozen
• 4 Tbsp Sutter Buttes Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
• 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• Handful of fresh basil leaves
• 1/4 tsp Sutter Buttes Himalayan Sea Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
• red pepper flakes (optional)
• 2 medium zucchini, spiralized or sliced into thin strips
• 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
• splash of white wine
• spaghetti or tagliatelle
Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat, then brown the zucchini until lightly browned on both sides. Set aside.
Place a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil for the pasta. Add the pasta and cook to your liking. While the pasta is cooking, add the garlic to the pan the zucchini was cooked in and cook just a minute or two over medium heat until it is fragrant.
Add the shrimp, toss, then add a splash of white wine. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook another 1 to 2 minutes to reheat.
Add the basil, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes if using, and keep warm.
Drain the pasta, reserving a small cup of the pasta water, and return it to the pot. Add the shrimp mixture to the pasta and cook a minute or two over high heat adding a little pasta water as needed until it is piping hot. Serve, garnished with parmesan cheese and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.