This is a simple recipe that can be used year round. We recommend barbequing in the summer months.
• 2 Tbsp Sutter Buttes Arbequina Olive Oil
• 3 Tbsp Sutter Buttes Wildflower Honey
• 3 Tbsp Sutter Buttes Chardonnay Mustard
• An assortment of your favorite sausages; Italian, Bratwurst, Polish Kielbasa
• Assorted Sutter Buttes mustards, to serve
• one medium onion, cut lengthwise in 1/4" slices
Preheat the oven to 375°. Pour the oil into a large pan and heat in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Score sausages along the top. Place the sausages on the roasting pan and toss to lightly coat the oil. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
Drain the sausages well on paper towels, then place them onto a clean roasting pan. Blend the honey and mustard together in a small bowl, pour over the sausages and stir them so they become coated. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, turning them over halfway. Serve hot, with cocktail sticks and small bowls of mustard for dipping. Add grilled onions for extra flavor.
Prepare ahead: You can roast the sausages the day before, cool them on paper towels then keep them in a sealed container in the fridge overnight. Toss in the honey and mustard mix and reheat for 10-12 minutes in the oven before serving. Use the same recipe for the BBQ instead of the oven.